Here's a few book covers I did that have been circling the web. These were done for Tor, and its always great to work with Irene. The books themselves are coming out next year. As always I have the art with and without titles.


This one was done for a short story for Tor.com that is a part of the same series as the one above.


I kinda like The Quantum Thief with the title more then the one I did, the title added some shadows and killed some of the brightness that I don't think I would be able to get away with normally. Also it was a nice change of pace being the rare sci-fi piece.


Here's a work in progress for The Unremembered cover.

Normal set of thumbnails. Everyone picked the last on the right. A quick tweak was needed to see if a castle or mountains in the background would work better.

People liked the mountains more, but I had to change the pose to a different and more peaceful version to better fit the scenario.

Other then the tweaks in the rough stages, the actual book went along kinda well. No big changes, though I do remember changing the light of the tree a bit.

22 comments:

Zachary says:
at: December 1, 2010 at 9:27 PM said...

Cool! Awesome to see a little non-fantasy work from you -- would love to see more!

More fantasy work as well, of course ;)

shamil says:
at: December 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM said...

exellent works sir,,,,

stanko says:
at: December 2, 2010 at 7:59 AM said...

Very nice!!

Sutthiwat Dechakamphu says:
at: December 2, 2010 at 9:17 AM said...

question:what kind of bird in your painting? I saw that over 20 pics maybe more.Is it come to the sense always? lol.by the way it's your signature also!your style definitely awesome thanks for sharing^ ^

Josse says:
at: December 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM said...

With this incredible illustration of lid I buy the book definitively!

Saludos desde Argentina

Niva says:
at: December 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM said...

Incredible man, thanks for sharing they're all amazing!

Lu Vazquez says:
at: December 4, 2010 at 6:09 PM said...

Amazing to see you doing a cover based on Little Fuzzy series

0 says:
at: December 6, 2010 at 9:22 PM said...

과정까지 ㅎㅎ 멋집니다^^굿굿

Nick Sharma says:
at: December 8, 2010 at 1:36 AM said...

ooo this is amazing....wow

Unknown says:
at: December 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM said...

nice, liking the thumbnails

Luis Gama says:
at: December 16, 2010 at 3:39 PM said...

epic stuff as always, keep inspiring us :)

abhishek singh says:
at: December 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM said...

LOVE YOUR WORK:)

Amber Rane Art says:
at: December 20, 2010 at 11:00 PM said...

Wow! Pretty incredible!

Anonymous
at: December 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM said...

Every time I see your works, makes me feel intimated yet inspired. Awesome stuff dude.

Dilanka Samaratunga says:
at: January 4, 2011 at 1:31 AM said...

Fantastic work, Thanks for Sharing.

JAKE WYATT says:
at: January 11, 2011 at 8:52 PM said...

You are really, really good at your job.

Aquanoctis says:
at: January 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM said...

Wow :) great covers. Really liking the Quantum Thief!

Carlo Gemmani says:
at: January 20, 2011 at 8:48 AM said...

Beautifull works!
Question: Are there any video tutorial on how you make your digital paintings?

Saul Estrada says:
at: May 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM said...

I found you! I've been trying to figure out who the artist GW2 was for like half a year! You're the man!

I'm an aspiring artist myself. I'd be lucky to ever be half as good as you.

Unknown says:
at: October 17, 2011 at 3:33 PM said...

TRULY epic stuff. The cover for Unremembered is what made me get it, and it is definitely my most favourite book cover of all time.

Any hopes for an HD wide-screen version of it? That'd be my all time wallpaper

Also, hopes for a poster of that?

Admin says:
at: March 1, 2012 at 2:18 AM said...

heh, this means I could, technically, call you a colleague... seeing as how you made artwork for FFG's 40k-lines, and I have as well...

Stunning work as always.
Kanye West mixtapesfree text

Jdouglas says:
at: March 5, 2013 at 2:55 AM said...

Love the quantum thief cover. How can I buy a print of it?